Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Flashback....

My first blog entry EVER and I've sat here for 15 minutes trying to think of what I want to dish about first. Anyone who knows me will attest to the fact that I do love to talk and typically am never at a loss for words. I just don't have the hang of this "blogging" thing yet, so please bear with me. Yes, I know its suppose to be a journal of thoughts, memories, antedotes and whatnots - but my whatnots are currently scattered about!

Let's begin with the honor bestowed to myself and a co-worker today. We were asked to be judges of "80's DAY" at the local High School. Aahhh...memories! It was an awesome experience watching these young people (who weren't even born in the 80's) pose for us in their Flashdance clothing, big hair and leg warmers. It made me yearn to be back at good old WHS! These kids obviously looked to their parents for guidance on "the look" of the 80's as many had BLUE eyeshadow, neon jewelry and peg-legged jeans. Makes me want to break out in song - I think we're alone now, doesn't seem to be anyone around.... I think we're alone now; remember Tiffany??!!

Life was so much easier back then - living at home, parents taking care of you, not a worry in the world. My how things change - now I own a home, I'm the one taking care of kids, and my worries of the world seem to be growing daily!! Why is it that we have to grow up?? Who's idea was that anyway?

No comments: